Dean of Department of Respiratory Medicine;
Chief Physician; Doctor of Medicine;
vice-Director of Wuhan Respiratory Society of Chinese Medical Association;
vice-President of Wuhan Tuberculosis Prevention Society.
Graduated from Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences (today’s Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat-sen University) in 1986.
Has long been engaged in fundamental and clinical research into respiratory diseases, especially COPD and asthma.
Key Projects Involved
Participated in the studies on prevention and treatment of COPD and pulmonary heart disease under the “Eighth Five-Year Plan” and on comprehensive community-level intervention against COPD under the “Ninth Five-Year Plan”.
In recent years, Zhao has chaired and participated in several projects funded by the National Natural Science Foundation of China.
The achievements were awarded the first prize in scientific and technological progress of the Ministry of Education, the second prize of Hubei Province and the second prize of Wuhan City.
1. Xie Jun-gang. Zhao Jian-ping. Reduced heat shock protein 70 in airway smooth muscle in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Experimental lung Research 2010，36：219-226
2. Regulation of rat airway smooth muscle cell proliferation by mitochondrial ATP-sensitive K(+) channel in asthmic rats..Sheng Li Xue Bao. 2009 Feb 25;61(1):65-71
3. The relationships among reactive oxygen species, hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha and cell proliferation in rat pulmonary arterial smooth muscle cells under hypoxia. Sheng Li Xue Bao. 2007 Jun 25;59(3):319-24.
4. Experiment study on the effect of Shengmei injection on the contractivity of diaphragm and its mechanism. Chinese Medical Journal, 1995, 108(2): 94-97.
5. Expression of Heat Stress Protein 70mRNA in Patientswith chronic obstruction Pulmonary Disease and its Significance Journal of HuaZhong University of Science and technology ［med sci］25(1)：20-23，2005
6. The relationships among reactive oxygen species,hypoxia-inducible factor 1αand cell poliferation in cat pulmonary arterial. ACTA physiologica sinica，2007，59（3）：319