Director of Institute of Organ Transplantation and Dean of Hepatic Surgery, TJH;
Vice-Chairman of Surgical Branch of the Chinese Physician Association;
Member of Standing Committee and Head of Liver Surgery Group of Surgical Branch of the Chinese Medical Association;
Fellow of the American College of Surgeons;
Executive Member of International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association and Chairman of the Chinese Chapter;
Executive Member and Secretary General of Asia-Pacific Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association;
Chief Editor of textbook Surgery designated for the seven-year and eight-year medical students in medical colleges of China;
Chief Editor of the 7th edition of Huang Jiasi Surgery;
Editor-in-chief or editor for more than 40 kinds of national and international journals, such as Frontiers of Medicine in China, Langenbeck's Arch of Surg (Germany), Dig Surg (Germany),etc.;
Head of the expert group for the second-round evaluation on the applications of National Natural Science Foundation;
Consultant expert of National 973 Projects;
Conducted a lot of important research projects, such as National 985 projects, key projects of Ministry of Healthy, and key projects of National Natural Science Foundation.
Ph.D., Surgery,Tongji Medical University, Wuhan, China; 1983-1985
Medical Master Degree, Surgery, Tongji Medical University, Wuhan, China; 1979-1982
Medical Bachelor Degree, Bengbu Medical College in Anhui province; 1970-1973
1. Liver Transplant, living-related liver transplant;
2. Auxiliary partial orthotopic liver transplantation;
3. Liver Surgery.
Honors & Awards
1. 2002,the 1st prize of Chinese Medical Association Award;
2. 2003,the 2nd prize of the National Award for Science and Technology advances;
3. 2005,the 1st prize of Hubei technology advance Award;
4. 2006,the 2nd National Famous Teacher Award;
5. 2006,the 1st prize of the Ministry of Education Nominated National Science Advance Award;
6. 2007,He Liang He Li Award for Science and Technology advances;
7. 2008,the Chinese Outstanding Award for contribution to Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Surgery.
Dr. Xiao-Ping Chen has 518 papers published in national and international journals, the papers have been cited for over 2175 times, in which some were published in Br J Surg and Ann Surg Oncol, and over 30 papers published in SCI-cited journals.
Some of the recent publications :
1. Nianqiao Gong, Uwe Pleyer, Thomas Ritter, Erich Knop, Xiaoping Chen. Corneal allograft endothelial cell replacement represents a reparative response to transplant injury. Molecular Vision. 2009; 15: 654-661.
2. XP Chen， WY Lau，ZY Huang, ZW Zhang, YF Chen, WG Zhang, FZ Qiu. Extent of liver resection for hilar cholangiocarcinoma. British Journal of Surgery, 2009.
3. Chen XP, Qiu FZ, Zhang ZW, Chen YF, Huang ZY, Zhang WG. A new simple and safe technique of end-to-end invaginated pancreaticojejunostomy with transpancreatic U-sutures-early postoperative outcomes in consecutive 88 cases. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2009 Apr 15.
4.Chen XP, Zhang WG, Lau WY, Qiu FZ. Right hepatectomy using the liver double-hanging maneuver through the retrohepatic avascular tunnel on the right of the inferior vena cava. Surgery. 2008 Nov;144(5):830-3.
5. Chen XP, Qiu FZ, Lau WY, Zhang BX, Chen YF, Zhang WG, He SQ. Mesohepatectomy for hepatocellular carcinoma: a study of 256 patients. International Journal of Colorectal Disease 23(5): 543-546, 2008.
6. Chen XP, Qiu FZ. A simple technique ligating the corresponding inflow and outflow vessels during anatomical left hepatectomy. Langenbecks Arch Surg 393(2): 227-230, 2008.
7. Chen XP , Hu DY , Zhang ZW, Zhang BX, Chen YF, Zhang WG, Qiu FZ. Role of mesohepatectomy with or without transcatheter arterial chemoembolization for large centrally located hepatocellular carcinoma. Digestive Surgery 24(3): 208-213, 2007.
8. Chen XP, Qiu FZ, Wu ZD, Zhang ZW, Huang ZY, Chen YF, Zhang BX, He SQ, Zhang WG. Effects of location and extension of portal vein tumor thrombus on long-term outcomes of surgical treatment for hepatocellular carcinoma. Annals of Surgical Oncology 13(7): 940-946, 2006.
9. Chen XP, Qiu FZ, Wu ZD, Zhang ZW, Huang ZY, Chen YF. Long-term outcome of resection of large hepatocellular carcinoma. British Journal of Surgery 93 (5): 600-606, 2006.
10. Chen XP, Zhang ZW, Zhang BX, Chen YF, Huang ZY, Zhang WG, He SQ, Qiu.FZ. Modified technique of hepatic vascular exclusion: effect on blood loss during complex mesohepatectomy in hepatocellular carcinoma patients with cirrhosis. Langenbecks Arch Surg 391(3): 209-215,2006.
11. Chen XP, Wu ZD, Huang ZY, Qiu FZ.Use of hepatectomy and splenectomy to treat hepatocellular carcinoma with cirrhotic hypersplenism. British Journal of Surgery 92 (3): 334-339, 2005.
12. Chen XP, Huang ZY.Surgical treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma in China - Surgical techniques, indications, and outcomes. Langenbecks Arch Surg 390 (3): 259-265, 2005.
13. Chen XP, Qiu FZ, Wu ZD, Zhang BX. Chinese experience with hepatectomy for huge hepatocellular carcinoma. British Journal of Surgery 91 (3): 322-326, 2004.