Professor & Director, the Center for Biomedical Research
Vice Director, Department of Sponsored Program Administration, TJH.
Ph.D., Tongji Medical College, HUST, China 2008
M.D., Tongji Medical University, Wuhan, China 1989
1、Autoimmune Diseases(type 1 diabetes mellitus and EAE etc.)
2、Transplant Immunology(mainly about the prevention and treatment of transplant rejection)
4、Biological Functions of Pancreatic β Cells
5、The Mechanism and Management of Diabetic Complications(such as diabetic cardiovascular diseases and diabetic nephropathy)
Key Projects Involved
1. Key Project, Natural Science Foundation of China
PI (CY Wang) 2012-2016
The role and underlying mechanisms for sumoylation regulation of beta cell apoptosis in type 1 diabetes (81130014)
2. Jiangxi Tobacco Company
PI (CY Wang) 2015-2018
The impact of smoking on pulmonary hypertension
3. China National Tobacco Corporation
PI (CY Wang) 2015-2019
Role of sumoylation in smoking mediated endothelial dysfunction
4. Key Project, Natural Science Foundation of China
PI (CY Wang) 2016-2020
Dissecting the role of My09b in type 1 diabetes susceptibility (81530024)
5. Collaborative project, Natural Science Foundation of China
PI (CY Wang,Chia/Y Su, USA) 2015-2016
MBD2 mediates pulmonary vascular remodeling in rodent models of pulmonary hypertension (81428001)
1. EFSD-CDS and Lilly Programme for Collaborative Diabetes Research between China and Europe）
PI (CY Wang) 2010 – 2014
Sumoylation in the regulation of autoimmune-mediated beta cell destruction
The goal of this project is to determine the role of altered sumoylation function in autoimmune-mediated beta cell destruction.
2. JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation): No overlap
1-2007-181 PI (CY Wang) 2007 – 2010
The impact of M55V of SUMO4 on DC function in type 1 diabetes
The goal of this project is to demonstrate the role of SUMO4 in T1D pathogenesis.
3. JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation): No overlap
1-2007-192 PI (CY Wang) 2007 – 2010
Sumoylation regulates diabetic endothelial dysfunction and nephropathy
The goal of this project is to study the role of sumoylation in endothelial dysfunction and kidney injuries in diabetes.
4. NIH/NGAR: No overlap
AR048120 Co-PI (PI: Wen-Cheng Xiong) 2007 – 2012
MOLECULAR MECHANISMS UNDERLYING OSTEOCLAST ACTIVATION
The of goal of this project is to demonstrate the role of RAGE and HMGB1 in osteoclast activation during diabetes.
5. Cardiovascular Discovery Institute Award
PI (CY Wang) 2010 – 2012
Sumoylation in the regulation of renal ischemic injury
The goal of this project is to establish the role of sumoylation in the regulation of renal ischemic injury.
6. The 12th 5-year Supporting Program, Chinese Ministry of Technology
PI (CY Wang) 2012-2015
Subjects relevant to generation of animal models (2012BAI39B00)
7. JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)
5-2011-203 PI (CY Wang) 2010-2013
Sumoylation regulates cytokine-induced ROS formation in beta cells
The goal of this project is to dissect the role of sumoylation in the regulation of autoimmune-induced ROS formation in beta cells.
8. Obesity, Diabetes Discovery Institute Synergy Award
PI (CY Wang) 2010-2013
Role of MBD2 in the regulation of cardiovascular disorders
The goal of this proposal is to examine the role of MBD2 in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis.
9. NIH /NIDDK: No overlap
DK074957 PI (CY Wang) 2006 - 2010
Characterization of the urofacial syndrome gene
The goal of this project is to characterize the defective gene responsible for the urofacial syndrome by positional cloning approach.
10. Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
1-2008-211 Co-PI (PI: Piotr Kraj) 2008 - 2010
Foxp3+ CD4+ regulatory T cells in type I diabetes
This project examines generation of regulatory T cells from conventional CD4+ T cells in NOD mice
PI (CY Wang) 2009 – 2010
HMGB1 for reversal of autoimmunity in type 1 diabetes
The goal of this proposal is to demonstrate that Hmgb1 as a biomarker for T1D development.
12. Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International (JDRF): No overlap
1-2004-235 PI (CY Wang) 2004 – 2008
Study of candidate genes for the IDDM5 locus.
The goal of this project is to characterize the IDDM5 susceptible gene(s) for human type 1 diabetes by positional cloning approach.
13. ADA (American Diabetes Association): No overlap
1-05JF-47 PI (CY Wang) 2005 - 2008
Genetic and functional studies of the IDDM5 locus
The goal of this project is to characterize the functional significance of TAB2 for type 1 diabetes pathogenesis.
14. CIGP, MCG Research Institute
MCGRI00293 PI (CY Wang) 07/01/2003 – 02/28/2009
Linkage disequilibrium analysis of the IDDM5 locus
The goal of this project is to perform fine-mapping of the IDDM5 locus for human type 1 diabetes.
15. CIGP, MCG Research Institute
MCGRI00329 PI (CY Wang) 08/01/2005 – 03/01/2007
Proteomic analysis of SUMO4 substrates in pancreatic beta cells
The goal of this project is to characterize the target proteins for SUMO4 in beta cells by proteomic analysis.
16. Dean’s special funding, GRU
MCGHI00105G PI (CY Wang) 07/01/2004 – 06/30/2007
Hmgb1 in the pathogenesis of type 1 diabetes
The goal of this project is to establish the role of Hmgb1 in the pathogenesis of type 1 diabetes
Honors & Awards
1. Recruitment Program of Global Experts of Hubei; 2010
2. Chutian Scholar of Hubei; 2010
1. Huang K, Li X, Yang R, Shen J, Chen Z, Qin X, Wang S, Jia Y, Tang F, Zhou H, Sun H, Zhou J, Guo L, Wang L, Qiao L, Xiong J, Wang C, Ma D, Li S, Hu T, Wang S. Prospective cohort study to evaluate the efficacy of taxane plus platinum and CPT-11plus platinum regimes and to identify prognostic risk factors in cervical cancer patients. Int J Clin Exp Med. 2015 Sep 15;8(9):15018-29. eCollection 2015.
2. Chen H, Cheng S, Wang A, Bunjhoo H, Cao Y, Xie J, Wang C, Xu Y, Xiong W.Int J Clin Exp Med. IL-21 does not involve in OVA-induced airway remodeling and chronic airway inflammation. 2015 Jul 15;8(7):10640-5. eCollection 2015.
3. Chen H, Xu X, Teng J, Cheng S, Bunjhoo H, Cao Y, Liu J, Xie J, Wang C, Xu Y, Xiong W. CXCR4 inhibitor attenuates allergen-induced lung inflammation by down-regulating MMP-9 and ERK1/2. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015 Jun 1;8(6):6700-7. eCollection 2015.
4. Zhang Z, He L, Hu S, Wang Y, Lai Q, Yang P, Yu Q, Zhang S, Xiong F, Simsekyilmaz S, Ning Q, Li J, Zhang D, Zhang H, Xiang X, Zhou Z, Sun H, Wang CY. AAL exacerbates pro-inflammatory response in macrophages by regulating Mincle/Syk/Card9 signaling along with the Nlrp3 inflammasome assembly. Am J Transl Res. 2015 Oct 15;7(10):1812-25. eCollection 2015.
5. Cai Chen, Qilin Yu, Shu Zhang, Ping Yang, Cong-Yi Wang. Assessing the efficacy and safety of combined DPP-4 inhibitor and insulin treatment in patients with type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysis. Int J Clin Exp Pathol
6. Hu S, Zhang Y, Zhang M, Guo Y, Yang P, Zhang S, Simsekyilmaz S, Xu JF, Li J, Xiang X, Yu Q, Wang CY. Aloperine protects mice against ischemia reperfusion (IR)-induced renal injury by regulating PI3K/AKT/mTOR signaling and AP-1 activity. Mol Med. 2015 Nov 3. doi: 10.2119/molmed.2015.00056.
7. Zhang M, Guo Y, Fu H, Hu S, Pan J, Wang Y, Cheng J, Song J, Yu Q, Zhang S, Xu JF, Pei G, Xiang X, Yang P, Wang CY. Chop deficiency prevents UUO-induced renal fibrosis by attenuating fibrotic signals originated from Hmgb1/TLR4/NFκB/IL-1β signaling. Cell Death Dis. 2015 Aug 6;6:e1847.
8. Chen X, Lu PH, Liu L, Fang ZM, Duan W, Liu ZL, Wang CY, Zhou P, Yu XF, He WT. TIGIT negatively regulates inflammation by altering macrophage phenotype. Immunobiology. 2015 Aug 17. pii: S0171-2985(15)30043-7.
9. Ma L, Zeng J, Mo B, Wang C, Sun Y, Zhang M, Liu S, Xiang X, Wang CY. ANP/NPRA signaling preferentially mediates Th2 responses in favor of pathological processes during the course of acute allergic asthma. Int J Clin Exp Med. 2015 Apr 15;8(4):5121-8.
10. Chen H, Cheng S, Wang A, Bunjhoo H, Cao Y, Xie J, Wang C, Xu Y, Xiong W. IL-21 does not involve in OVA-induced airway remodeling and chronic airway inflammation. Int J Clin Exp Med. 2015 Jul 15;8(7):10640-5.
11. Ran L, Yu Q, Zhang S, Xiong F, Cheng J, Yang P, Xu JF, Nie H, Zhong Q, Yang X, Yang F, Gong Q, Kuczma M, Kraj P, Gu W, Ren BX, Wang CY. Cx3cr1 deficiency attenuates hepatic granuloma formation during acute schistosomiasis by enhancing M2-type polarization of macrophages. Dis Model Mech. 2015 Apr 21. pii: dmm.018242. [Epub ahead of print]
12. Zhang HX, Zhu B, Fu XX, Zeng JC, Zhang JA, Wang WD, Kong B, Xiang WY, Zhong J, Wang CY, Zheng XB, Xu JF. BTLA associates with increased Foxp3 expression in CD4(+) T cells in dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015 Feb 1;8(2):1259-69.
13. Wang A, Wang Z, Cao Y, Cheng S, Chen H, Bunjhoo H, Xie J, Wang C, Xu Y, Xiong W. CCL2/CCR2-Dependent Recruitment of Th17 Cells but Not Tc17 Cells to the Lung in a Murine Asthma Model. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2015;166(1):52-62.
14. Kuczma M, Wang CY, Ignatowicz L, Gourdie R, Kraj P. Altered Connexin 43 Expression Underlies Age-Dependent Decrease of Regulatory T Cell Suppressor Function in Nonobese Diabetic Mice. J Immunol. 2015 Apr 24. pii: 1400887.
15. Zou R, He Y, Li YQ, Han M, Ma ZF, Liu XC, Zeng R, Shao JF, Guo YC, He XY, Yang P, Xu G, Wang CY, Yao Y. Telmisartan protects 5/6 Nx rats against renal injury by enhancing nNOS-derived NO generation via regulation of PPARγ signaling. Am J Transl Res. 2014 Oct 11;6(5):517-27. (co-author)
16. Zeng JC, Lin DZ, Yi LL, Liu GB, Zhang H, Wang WD, Zhang JA, Wu XJ, Xiang WY, Kong B, Chen ZW, Wang CY, Xu JF. BTLA exhibits immune memory for αβ T cells in patients with active pulmonary tuberculosis. Am J Transl Res. 2014 Oct 11;6(5):494-506.
17. Tu Y, Yu Q, Fan G, Yang P, Lai Q, Yang F, Zhang S, Wang W, Wang D, Yu X, Wang CY. Assessment of type 2 diabetes risk conferred by SNPs rs2241766 and rs1501299 in the ADIPOQ gene, a case/control study combined with meta-analyses. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2014 Oct;396(1-2):1-9.
18. Yang P, Hu S, Yang F, Guan XQ, Wang SQ, Zhu P, Xiong F, Zhang S, Xu J, Yu QL, Wang CY. Sumoylation modulates oxidative stress relevant to the viability and functionality of pancreatic beta cells. Am J Transl Res. 2014 Jul 18;6(4):353-60.
19. Huang Z, Chen LL, Wang CY, Dai L, Cheng B, Sun J, Sun J. Three-year follow-up results for non-surgical root canal therapy of idiopathic external root resorption on a maxillary canine with MTA: a case report. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014 May 15;7(6):3338-46.
20. Jiang J, Zhao L, Zhang Y, Zhang S, Yao Y, Qin Y, Wang CY, Zhu W. Comparative analysis of arterial spin labeling and dynamic susceptibility contrast perfusion imaging for quantitative perfusion measurements of brain tumors. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014 May 15;7(6):2790-9. (co-author)
21. Tu Y, Yang P, Yang J, Xu Y, Xiong F, Yu Q, Gu W, Pond D, Mendelsohn N, Lachmeijer GA, Zhang S, Wang CY. Clinical and genetic characteristics for the Urofacial Syndrome (UFS). Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014 Apr 15;7(5):1842-1848. eCollection 2014.
22. Zhong J, Yu Q, Yang P, Rao X, He L, Fang J, Tu Y, Zhang Z, Lai Q, Zhang S, Kuczma M, Kraj P, Xu JF, Gong F, Zhou J, Wen L, Eizirik DL, Du J, Wang W, Wang CY. MBD2 regulates TH17 differentiation and experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis by controlling the homeostasis of T-bet/Hlx axis. J Autoimmun. 2014 Jun 13. pii: S0896-8411(14)00095-X. doi: 10.1016/j.jaut.2014.05.006. [Epub ahead of print]
23. Chen M, Huang W, Wang C, Nie H, Li G, Sun T, Yang F, Zhang Y, Shu K, Wang C, Gong Q. High-mobility group box 1 exacerbates CCl4-induced acute liver injury in mice. Clin Immunol. 2014 Jul;153(1):56-63. doi: 10.1016/j.clim.2014.03.021. Epub 2014 Apr 12.
24. Liu Z, Wang L, Yi P, Wang CY, Huang T. Risk factors for central lymph node metastasis of patients with papillary thyroid microcarcinoma: a meta-analysis. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014 Feb 15;7(3):932-7. eCollection 2014.
25. Liu Z, Xun X, Wang Y, Mei L, He L, Zeng W, Wang CY, Tao H. MRI and ultrasonography detection of cervical lymph node metastases in differentiated thyroid carcinoma before reoperation. Am J Transl Res. 2014 Jan 15;6(2):147-54.
26. Wang L, Lu W, Zhang L, Huang Y, Scheib R, Liu X, Myers L, Lu L, Farber CR, Liu G, Wang CY, Deng H, Williams RW, Wang Y, Gu W, Jiao Y. Trps1 Differentially Modulates the Bone Mineral Density between Male and Female Mice and Its Polymorphism Associates with BMD Differently between Women and Men. PLoS One. 2014 Jan 8;9(1):e84485.
27. Kimmel SE, French B, Kasner SE, Johnson JA, Anderson JL, Gage BF, Rosenberg YD, Eby CS, Madigan RA, McBane RB, Abdel-Rahman SZ, Stevens SM, Yale S, Mohler ER 3rd, Fang MC, Shah V, Horenstein RB, Limdi NA, Muldowney JA 3rd, Gujral J, Delafontaine P, Desnick RJ, Ortel TL, Billett HH, Pendleton RC, Geller NL, Halperin JL, Goldhaber SZ, Caldwell MD, Califf RM, Ellenberg JH; COAG Investigators. A pharmacogenetic versus a clinical algorithm for warfarin dosing. N Engl J Med. 2013 Dec 12;369(24):2283-93.
28. Zhen Wang, Ying Zheng, Can Hou, Lin Yang, Xia Li, Jian Lin, Gan Huang, Qianjin Lu, Cong-Yi Wang, Zhiguang Zhou. DNA methylation impairs TLR9 induced Foxp3 expression by attenuating IRF-7 binding activity in fulminant type 1 diabetes. Journal of Autoimmunity 41 (2013) 50-59. (co-author)
29. Juan Yang, Yong Ning, Jun Qiu, Jin-Seng He, Wei Li, Zu-Fu Ma, Ju-Fang Shao, Yue-Qiang LI, Rui Zeng, Meng Zhang, Jia Cheng, Su-Fang Chen, Gang Xu, Cong-Yi Wang, Ying Yao. TJ0711, a novel vasodilatory β-blocker, protects SHR rats against hypertension induced renal injury. Am J Transl Res. 2013 Apr 19;5(3):279-90. (co-author)
30. Gong S, Li J, Ma L, Li K, Zhang L, Wang G, Liu Y, Ji X, Liu X, Chen P, Ouyang R, Zhang S, Zhou Z, Wang CY, Xiang X, Yang Y. Blockade of dopamine D1-like receptor signalling protects mice against OVA-induced acute asthma by inhibiting B-cell activating transcription factor signalling and Th17 function. FEBS J. 2013 Dec;280(23):6262-73. doi: 10.1111/febs.12549. Epub 2013 Oct 25. (co-author)
31. Ping Yang, Yawen Zhang, Junfeng Pang, Shu Zhang, Qilin Yu, Long He, Kay-Uwe Wagner, Zhiguang Zhou, and Cong-Yi Wang. Loss of Jak2 Impairs Endothelial Function by Attenuating Raf‐1/MEK1/Sp‐1 Signaling along with altered eNOS Activities. American Journal of Pathology 2013 Aug;183(2):617-25
32. Ping Yang, Yushan Zhang, Junfa Xu, Shu Zhang, Qilin Yu, Junfeng Pang, Xiaoquan Rao, Michal Kuczma, Mario B Marrero, Piotr Kraj, Yunchao Su, Cong-Yi Wang. SUMO1 regulates endothelial function by modulating the overall signals in favor of angiogenesis and homeostatic responses. Am J Transl Res 2013;5(4):427-440
33. Xue-Qin Chen, Xiao-Fan Liu, Wei-Huang Liu, Wei Guo, Qilin Yu, Cong-Yi Wang. Comparative analysis of dendritic cell numbers and subsets between smoking and control subjects in the peripheral blood. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 2013;6(2):290-296
34. Xiaoying Ji, Jinxiu Li, Li Xu, Wenjing Wang, Ming Luo, Shuangling Luo, Libing Ma, Keng Li, Subo Gong, Long He, Zhijun Zhang, Ping Yang, Zhiguang Zhou, Xudong Xiang, Cong-Yi Wang. "IL4 and IL-17A provide a Th2/Th17-polarized inflammatory milieu in favor of TGF-β1 to induce bronchial epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT)". Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013 Jul 15;6(8):1481-92
35. Haiyun Dong, Jinxiu Li, Youdi Lv, Yanyan Zhou, Guyi Wang, Shuang Hu, Xiaoyu He, Ping Yang, Zhiguang Zhou, Xudong Xiang, Cong-Yi Wang. ”Comparative analysis of the alveolar macrophage proteome in ALI/ARDS patients between the exudative phase and recovery phase“ BMC Immunol. 2013 Jun 17;14:25.
36. Jing Fang, Long He, Shi-Qiang Wang, Ming-Jia Ma, Hong-Yun Liu, Xue-Hai Zhu, Ping Zhu, Xiang Wei, Cong-Yi Wang. A simplified two-stitch sleeve technique for arterial anastomosis of cervical heterotopic cardiac transplantation in mice. Am J Transl Res 2013;5(5):521-529
37. Lai Q, Hu J, Zeng D, Hu J, Cai F, Yang F, Chen C, He X, Yang P, Yu Q, Zhang S, Xu JF, Wang CY. Assessing the optimal dose for Cetrorelix in Chinese women undergoing ovarian stimulation during the course of IVF-ET treatment. Am J Transl Res. 2013 Dec 1;6(1):78-84
38. Lai Q, Zhang H, Zhu G, Li Y, Jin L, He L, Zhang Z, Yang P, Yu Q, Zhang S, Xu JF, Wang CY. Comparison of the GnRH agonist and antagonist protocol on the same patients in assisted reproduction during controlled ovarian stimulation cycles. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013 Aug 15;6(9):1903-10.
39. Lai Q, Chen C, Zhang Z, Zhang S, Yu Q, Yang P, Hu J, Wang CY. The significance of antral follicle size prior to stimulation in predicting ovarian response in a multiple dose GnRH antagonist protocol. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013;6(2):258-66. Epub 2013 Jan 15
40. Yaqin Tu, Junru Pan and Cong-Yi Wang. The role of uniquintin proteasome pathway (UPP) in tumorigenesis. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 2012;5(8):726-38. Epub 2012 Oct 1.
41. Shu Zhang, Jian-Wei Lv, Ping Yang, Qilin Yu, Junfeng Pang, Zhihua Wang, Hui Guo, Shenpei Liu, Jia Hu, Jiayi Li, Jin Leng, Yiran Huang, Zhangqun Ye, and Cong-Yi Wang. Loss of Dicer Exacerbates Cyclophosphamide (CYP)-induced Bladder Overactivity by Enhancing Purinergic Signaling. American Journal of Pathology, 2012 Sep;181(3):937-46.
42. Jixin Zhong, Xiaoquan Rao, Jun-Fa Xu, Ping Yang, and Cong-Yi Wang. Endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress in the pathogenesis of beta-cell destruction during the course of diabetes. Experimental Diabetes Research, 2012; 2012: 509437.
43. Ping Yang, Hongliang Li and Cong-Yi Wang. The FUT2 Nonfunctional Variant: A “Missing Link” between Genes and Environment in Type 1 Diabetes? Diabetes 2011 60:2685-2687.
44. Xiaoquan Rao, Jixin Zhong, Shu Zhang, Yushan Zhang, Qilin Yu, Ping Yang, Zheng Dong, David J. Fulton, Huidong Shi, Daowen Wang, Cong-Yi Wang. Loss of Methyl-CpG Binding Domain Protein 2 (MBD2) Enhances Endothelial Angiogenesis and Protects Mice against Hindlimb Ischemic Injury. Circulation 2011 Jun 28;123(25):2964-74.
45. Junfeng Pang, Shu Zhang, Ping Yang, Bobbilynn Hawkins-Lee, Jixin Zhong, Yushan Zhang, Bernardo Ochoa, Jose A. G. Agundez, Marie-Antoinette Voelckel, Willie Reardon, Richard B. Fisher, Weikuan Gu, Wen-Cheng Xiong, Lin Mei, Jin-Xiong She and Cong-Yi Wang. Loss-of-Function Mutations in HPSE2 Cause the Autosomal Recessive Urofacial Syndrome (UFS). Am J Hum Genet. 2010 Jun 11;86(6):957-62.
46. Jixin Zhong, Ping Yang, Kenjiro Muta, Zheng Dong, Robert Dong, Mario Marrero, Feili Gong and Cong-Yi Wang. Loss of Jak2 function impairs DC associated innate immune response and prevents mice from LPS-induced lethality. PlosOne 2010, 5(3): e9593.
47. Kimmel SE, French B, Kasner SE, Johnson JA, Anderson JL, Gage BF, Rosenberg YD, Eby CS, Madigan RA, McBane RB, Abdel-Rahman SZ, Stevens SM, Yale S, Mohler ER 3rd, Fang MC, Shah V, Horenstein RB, Limdi NA, Muldowney JA 3rd, Gujral J, Delafontaine P, Desnick RJ, Ortel TL, Billett HH, Pendleton RC, Geller NL, Halperin JL, Goldhaber SZ, Caldwell MD, Califf RM, Ellenberg JH; COAG Investigators. A pharmacogenetic versus a clinical algorithm for warfarin dosing. N Engl J Med. 2013 Dec 12;369(24):2283-93.
48. Zeng JC, Zhang Z, Li TY, Liang YF, Wang HM, Bao JJ, Zhang JA, Wang WD, Xiang WY, Kong B, Wang ZY, Wu BH, Chen XD, He L, Zhang S, Wang CY, Xu JF. Assessing the role of IL-35 in colorectal cancer progression and prognosis. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013 Aug 15;6(9):1806-16.
49. Chen L, Fan C, Zhang Y, Bakri M, Dong H, Morisseau C, Maddipati KR, Luo P, Wang CY, Hammock BD, Wang MH. Beneficial effects of inhibition of soluble epoxide hydrolase on glucose homeostasis and islet damage in a streptozotocin-induced diabetic mouse model. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2012 Dec 13.
50. Lishi Wang, Jiaqian Zhu, Yue Huang, Qing Xiong, Cong-Yi Wang, Arnold Postlethwaite , YongJun Wang, Weikuan Gu. Analysis of Candidate Genes of QTL and Chromosomal Regions for Essential Hypertension in the Rat Model. Open Journal of Genetics, 2012; 2(3), 136-154.
51. Ye Q, Hu H, Wang Z, Lu T, Hu Z, Zeng X, Zhang S, Liu J, Lei P, Wang CY, Ye Z, Shen G. Generation and functional characterization of the anti-transferrin receptor single-chain antibody-GAL4 (TfRscFv-GAL4) fusion protein. BMC Biotechnol. 2012 Nov 28;12:91. doi: 10.1186/1472-6750-12-91.
52. Zhihua Wang, Tong Lu, Lihuan Du, Zhiquan Hu, Qianyuan Zhuang, Youyuan Li, Cong-Yi Wang, Hui Zhu, Zhangqun Ye. Plasmacytoid Urothelial Carcinoma of the Urinary Bladder: A Clinical Pathological Study and Literature Review. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 2012;5(6):601-8.
53. Yan JT, Zhang L, Xu YJ, Wang XJ, Wang CY, Wang DW. Polymorphisms of genes in nitric oxide-forming pathway associated with ischemic stroke in Chinese Han population. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2011 Oct 3. doi: 10.1038/aps.2011.114.
54. Pandey D, Chen F, Wang CY, Dimitropoulou C, Rudic RD, Stepp D, Fulton D. SUMO1 Negatively Regulates Reactive Oxygen Species Production From NADPH Oxidases. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011 Jul;31(7):1634-42..
55. Brooks C, Cho SG, Wang CY, Yang T, Dong Z. Fragmented mitochondria are sensitized to Bax insertion and activation during apoptosis. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2011 Mar;300(3):C447-55.
56. Michal Kuczma, Magdalena Kopij, Iwona Pawlikowska, Cong-Yi Wang, Grzegorz A. Rempala and Piotr Kraj. High affinity of TCRs for antigen predisposes effector CD4+ T cells to convert into adaptive Foxp3+ regulatory T cells in tumors. Plos One 2010 Oct 26;5(10):e13623.
57. Lihua Duan, Cong-Yi Wang, Jie Chen, Quan Gong, Ping Zhu, Fang Zheng, Zheng Tan, Feili Gong, Min Fang. High-mobility group box 1 promotes early acute allograft rejection by enhancing IL-6-dependent Th17 alloreactive response. Lab Invest. 2011;91(1):43-53.
58. Li J, Gong Q, Zhong S, Wang L, Guo H, Xiang Y, Ichim TE, Wang CY, Chen S, Gong F, Chen G. Neutralization of the extracellular HMGB1 released by ischaemic damaged renal cells protects against renal ischaemia-reperfusion injury. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2011 Feb;26(2):469-78.
59. Pengcheng Luo, Hsin-Hsin Chang, Yiqiang Zhou, Shali Zhang, Sung Hee Hwang, Christophe Morisseau,3 Cong-Yi Wang, Edward W. Inscho, Bruce D. Hammock, and Mong-Heng Wang. Inhibition or deletion of soluble epoxide hydrolase alleviates hyperglycemia in diabetes by promoting insulin secretion. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010 Aug;334(2):430-8.
60. Li X, Pabla N, Wei Q, Dong G, Messing RO, Wang C, Dong Z. PKC-δ Regulates Renal Tubular Cell Apoptosis Associated with Proteinuria or Albuminuria. Journal of American Society of Nephrology 2010 Jul;21(7):1115-24.
61. Jun-Fa Xu, Huan Xiao, Guo-Yan Hu, Shu-Hua Zheng, Wei Liu, Chun-Lei Yuan, Heng Yang, Jing Lu, Fang Zheng, Cong-Yi Wang and Fei-Li Gong. Ectopic B7-H4-Ig expression attenuates concanavalin A-induced hepatic injury. Clin Immunol. 2010 Jul;136(1):30-41.
62. Dehuang Guo, Manyu Li, Yan Zhang, Ping Yang, Diane Hopkins, Weipeng Zheng, Sarah Eckenrode, Sharad Purohit, Andrew Muir, Paolo Pozzilli, Adina Zeidler, Leslie J. Raffel, Yongsoo Park, Manuel Serrano-Rios, Maria T. Martinez Larrad, Zixin Zhang, Henri-Jean Garchon, Jean-Francois Bach, Jerome I. Rotter Jin-Xiong She and Cong-Yi Wang. (2004) A functional variant of SUMO4, a novel IκBα modifier, is associated with type 1 diabetes. Nature Genetics 36(8):837-41.
63. Manyu Li, Dehuang guo Carlos Isales, Mark Atkinson, Decio Eizirik, Jin-Xiong She and Cong-Yi Wang. (2005) SUMO wrestling with in type 1 diabetes. J. Mol. Med. 2005 Jul;83(7):504-13.
64. Wang CY, Yang P, She JX. Assessing the validity of the association between the SUMO4 M55V variant and risk of type 1 diabetes. Nat Genet. 2005 Feb;37(2):112-3.